*Okay, mostly waxing sentimental about Bucky and Steve, for those wanting to nitpick...
Also, I know that, as aesthetically pleasing the designs I've seen are, I'd be bored with them fairly quickly.
The feeling will wear off again, but ARGH.
The cold spell is about to come to an end after the weekend, at least for a few days - hopefully without too much slippery roads and stuff.
Work is the busiest period of the year. Another month or two to go before things become sane again.
ACTA in a Nutshell –
What is ACTA? ACTA is the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement. A new intellectual property enforcement treaty being negotiated by the United States, the European Community, Switzerland, and Japan, with Australia, the Republic of Korea, New Zealand, Mexico, Jordan, Morocco, Singapore, the United Arab Emirates, and Canada recently announcing that they will join in as well.
Why should you care about ACTA? Initial reports indicate that the treaty will have a very broad scope and will involve new tools targeting “Internet distribution and information technology.”
What is the goal of ACTA? Reportedly the goal is to create new legal standards of intellectual property enforcement, as well as increased international cooperation, an example of which would be an increase in information sharing between signatory countries’ law enforcement agencies.
Essential ACTA Resources -
- Read more about ACTA here: ACTA Fact Sheet
- Read the authentic version of the ACTA text as of 15 April 2011, as finalized by participating countries here: ACTA Finalized Text
- Follow the history of the treaty’s formation here: ACTA history
- Read letters from U.S. Senator Ron Wyden wherein he challenges the constitutionality of ACTA: Letter 1 | Letter 2 | Read the Administration’s Response to Wyden’s First Letter here: Response
- Watch a short informative video on ACTA: ACTA Video
- Watch a lulzy video on ACTA: Lulzy Video
Say NO to ACTA. It is essential to spread awareness and get the word out on ACTA.Via Tumblr
I did wonder several times this afternoon whether I wouldn't be better off sticking to plain html. It is embarrassing if you have to look this hard for the admin password for your site... Anyway: apart from HASA and some of the oldest stuff in the Pit of Voles, my fic will be living here as well: Nath's Stories.
I apologise for there being no actual content there as yet, or anything other than the standard eFiction boilerplate text. I do intend to change that, but I think I will go and do some actual writing now for a bit, rather than faffing about with administrative stuff.